SCAPA is seeking a full-time Technical Director. The Technical Director will report to the Executive Director of the South Carolina Asphalt Pavement Association (SCAPA). This individual will provide technical assistance to the staff and membership of the South Carolina Asphalt Pavement Association in both the public and private arenas.
The Technical Director will be responsible for keeping up with the latest trends and technology in asphalt mix design, pavement design and construction. Some travel will be required to attend regional or national seminars in order to obtain this information.
The Technical Director will be required to participate in all SCAPA board meetings and serve as the staff consultant to SCAPA Committees, which meet throughout the year.
Home base for this position will be at the SCAPA office in Columbia, SC.
- Frequent visits to agency offices (federal, state, cities and counties), proposed and ongoing projects, and member facilities across South Carolina.
- Work with the agency as specifications are revised, lead the SCAPA Quality Improvement Committee specification reviews related to hot mix asphalt, and keep members up-to-date on the latest specification changes. This will require an in-depth knowledge of SCDOT’s specifications, policies, and procedures
- Attendance at association, county & municipal engineer, and professional meetings. Increase SCAPA presence with engineers, architects, and owners to help educate them on new agency practices and specifications
- Keep website updated with pertinent information for SCAPA members
- Draft technical articles for Association E-Newsletter and national trade publications
- Technical Marketing to include conducting technical trainings and seminars and participating in speaking engagements at industry conferences
- Minimum travel of 2 days per week (on average) to visit SCAPA contractor members and project location sites
- Assist SCAPA with research efforts, to include drafting RFPs for research projects and assisting researchers with industry issues.
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering (PE preferred)
- Minimum 5 years experience in the road construction industry in South Carolina (preferred)
- Level 1, 2, 3 lab technician certification from SCDOT (preferred)
- Proficient computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office (experience using and analyzing Excel preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
In summary, the main responsibilities of the Technical Director with respect to the above duties would be centered on supporting and marketing the use of hot mix asphalt in the state of South Carolina through his or her technical expertise and providing technical support to members. This is a full time position. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a resume and a list of 3 professional references to:
Attn: Executive Director
PO Box 11448
Columbia, SC 29211
|< Prev||Next >|